Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Photographing A Photographer's Granddaughter

Why is it that my child is the hardest to photograph? I had imagined the most beautiful newborn portraits while I was pregnant that I would have done of her after she was born. Maybe my expectations were too high, who knows? For one thing, we would always try to take them of her naked...you know the sweet naked newborn ones...well, she HATES to be naked so she would scream at the top of her lungs! She also peed on the background not once, but twice. Seriously, does she not know this is our business? I had to have a pow wow with her. We were finally able to get some sweet pictures but either her diaper had to be on, or she had to be covered up! I never understood the stress of the mom's bringing their children in to be photographed until I became a mommy. I now COMPLETELY understand! :)

Here are a few of the successful ones...












2 comments:

  1. they are beautiful. I would tell you it gets easier, but we had a time getting Hunter's one year pics because he can now walk. But it is fun and in the end your dad always gets an awesome shot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!! she is sooo cute!!! great pics but I'm not surprised. & don't worry she'll see stars in a few weeks (if not already) from seeing a flash so much! =)
    congrats again!!

    ReplyDelete