Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Facebook

Many of you are probably wondering why I dont post pictures of Savanah on facebook. Some of you I have told my reasons to in person, but to set the record straight...its just simply because I dont want to. Before I became pregnant, and even during my pregnancy, I would post all kinds of pictures...family, friends, my pregnancy each step of the way, etc. It wasnt until Savanah was born that a "protective" instinct kicked in. I suddenly became more aware of my surroundings and not worrying about MY life anymore, I was worrying about HERS. I am a big fan of facebook as it helps me to stay in touch with a lot of people. For example, my sister. She lives in Warner Robins, GA (8 hours away). So of course we can't talk on the phone every day or every week so staying in touch via facebook has been wonderful! I also have other out of town/ out of state relatives and friends that I can keep in touch with this way. I am a firm believer in the safety of such websites and do NOT accept someone I don't know. The pictures are a different story, I just dont want them to get in the wrong hands (some how, some way)...and with facebook, there is no security set on them. I saw on the news a few months ago that a childs picture was on a billboard in another country (this picture was retrieved without permission from someone's personal facebook!) Kinda scary huh?? So with that being said, I created this blog and enjoy updating it so that everyone can keep up with whats going on with Savanah and see how much she is growing. If you will notice, left and right click are disabled on these pictures so that they cannot be copied. I know I will not always be able to protect Savanah from everything she is faced with in life, but while I have control over the situation now, thats how it will remain. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment